AFFILIATE MARKETING FOR BUSINESS in Udaipur
With the advancement of the digital and social media, innovative marketing techniques are coming up with an aim to escalate the business and generate a response from the customer.
Affiliate Marketing has come up with a fascinating idea especially for businesses dealing with e-commerce and online sales. It is a great tool for businesses to increase awareness over the internet about their products. Moreover, there is a lesser amount of risk involved with affiliate marketing. It only requires the business to pay to the affiliates when a customer converts.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
By definition, affiliate marketing is a pre-arrangement in which an e-commerce retailer pays a fixed percentage as a commission to an external person/website for conversion from its referrals. Technically, it is an outsourced form of marketing wherein the affiliates are hired and paid to bring customers/conversions. They are paid only when there is a conversion and not when just their efforts drive traffic.
Generating traffic is worth only if it brings conversion. Otherwise, if the visitors don’t equate to more leads or revenue, it’s worthless. For this reason, affiliate marketing is becoming a widespread method of businesses especially in the retail and e-commerce industry where there is a huge business growth from affiliates.
How Affiliate Marketing Works?
Tracking URLs: Affiliates are assigned a tracking URL. This allows businesses to track the affiliate who is driving traffic.
Marketing: Affiliates promote the business through different ways like – paid marketing (AdWords), YouTube video, mailers, blogs, reviews, etc.
Conversion: The visitor gets converted.
Payment: After the conversion, the business needs to pay the agreed commission to the affiliate.
Affiliate Marketing VS Referral Programs
Affiliate marketing is different from referral programs. Referral programs are usually for a person who is already a customer and refer others to business. Affiliates are not required to be customers.
Advantages of Affiliate Marketing
- Businesses get free ad space and pay only for confirmed sale.
- Advertising to a vast audience with huge exposure and recognition to the brand.
- Collaboration with affiliate networks to manage the conversion process thus allowing little to no difficulty during the process.
- Customers coming from the affiliate provide vital information regarding the latest trends and demands.
Disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing
- Unfair promotion by affiliate can destroy a brand reputation.
- Set up and maintenance sometimes means more cash outflow.
- Chances of affiliate’s URL/links being hacked in order to cheat the commission in the process.
Despite the pros and cons, affiliate marketing is still one of the popular and upcoming ways to make money on the Internet. It is especially beneficial for those who want to earn without much investment of time and effort.